Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I can't remember a time when it wasn't winter





"It is the middle of January"... A friend recently said to me when I mentioned that I have spring fever. As if to say "good luck with that honey, spring is a long way off", and to jolt me right back to the reality of the harsh Minnesota winters. I have always been above all else a dreamer, but no amount of dreaming is going to make the flowers bloom. So... here I am right in the middle of the bleak mid-winter, and I have decided to give in to it... let it buy me a drink, maybe we'll dance the two- step around the room. Why not, what else is there to do. Let's face it, the winter is long and hard in Minnesota... the days are dark and I am trying to find the light. I'm searching for inspiration... a love letter, tracks in the snow that will point me toward home, and a little bit of hope for my weary winter soul.
Today I stumbled across just the winter inspiration I needed. Photographs by Alicia Bock on her blog Bloom-Grow-Love.

No comments: